Click to Home
Click to Home
Go To Search
Motor Vehicles
Disability Parking Permits
Find out how to apply for a new or replacement placard.

Motor Vehicle Taxes
Taxes on motor vehicles are due on the owner's birthday. Vehicles owned by a business pay tax based on the first letter of the Business name. The tax is based 40% value of the vehicle. Taxes are due on a vehicle, even when it is not in use.

Vehicle Registration
View registration requirements for when registering a vehicle with the Tax Commissioner's Office.
  • Business / Enterprise Registrations - Registrations in the name of a business, corporation, or organization are due at the end of the business owner's designated registration month. Business registrations are determined by month according to the first letter of the company name as shown on the registration application.
  • Insurance Requirements - Find out what qualifies as proof of insurance with our office.
  • Leased Vehicles - You must register during the 30-day period ending on the lessee's birthday, no more than 30 days prior to the lessee's birthday, and no later than the close of business on the lessee's birthday.
  • Name Changes - If you wish to have your name changed on your registration due to marriage or divorce, you must first apply for a new title. A name change requires that you appear in person with your original certificate of title and supporting certified legal documents (i.e., certified copy of the marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.). In the case of divorce, the divorce decree must give the year and make of the vehicle. If a vehicle is financed, only the security lien holder can change the name on the title.

Vehicle Tag Renewal
Find out when tags expire and how to renew your tags.

P.O. Box 1129  |  Chatsworth, Georgia 30705  |  Ph: (706) 695-2413  |  Fx: (706) 695-8721