684 Hwy. 52 E.
Ph: (706) 695-3231
Fx: (706) 517-5500
Monday - Thursday
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
The mission of Murray County Public Works Department is to provide the public with professional, efficient, and courteous service. The Public Works Department strives for a safe and pleasing travel environment while on our county’s roadway system.
The Murray County Public Works Department assumes primary responsibility for the following areas:
- Emergency service coordination
- Mowing of rights of way (vegetation control)
- Permits for driveways / tiles
- Roadway maintenance for county roads
- Shoulder work
- Solid waste management (transfer sites)
- Livestock burial