Creating a Better, Safer Place to Live
Keep Chatsworth-Murray Beautiful (KCMB) is a group of dedicated individuals with a personal commitment to choices and actions that preserve natural beauty, protect the environment, prevent blight, improve public lands, and make our community a better, safer place to live.
Engaging the Community
As an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful (KAB)
, we embrace litter prevention, waste reduction, and community beautification through diverse programs as well as educational initiatives.
Programs & Activities
KCMB engages individuals and groups in a number of ways:
- The KCMB Board of Directors consists of 13 dedicated volunteers who work energetically to make things happen in our community
- More than 80 miles of county and state roads have their litter picked up each quarter by more than 70 volunteer groups of citizens
- Volunteers read to our local elementary school students
- Murray County is the only county in the state to have recycling programs in place in all public schools
- KCMB is involved annually in Bring One in for the Chipper (a Christmas tree recycling program), Hands on Georgia, Conasauga River Clean-Up, Annual Great American Clean-Up, and Ecumenical Earth Day