Creating a Better, Safer Place to Live
Keep Chatsworth-Murray Beautiful (KCMB) is a group of dedicated individuals with a personal commitment to choices and actions that preserve natural beauty, protect the environment, prevent blight, improve public lands, and make our community a better, safer place to live.
Engaging the Community
As an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful (KAB), we embrace litter prevention, waste reduction, and community beautification through diverse programs as well as educational initiatives.
Programs & Activities
KCMB engages individuals and groups in a number of ways:
- The KCMB Board of Directors consists of 13 dedicated volunteers who work energetically to make things happen in our community
- More than 80 miles of county and state roads have their litter picked up each quarter by more than 70 volunteer groups of citizens
- Volunteers read to our local elementary school students
- Murray County is the only county in the state to have recycling programs in place in all public schools
- KCMB is involved annually in Bring One in for the Chipper (a Christmas tree recycling program), Hands on Georgia, Conasauga River Clean-Up, Annual Great American Clean-Up, and Ecumenical Earth Day