Requesting Certified Copies
To obtain a certified copy of a death certificate, you must either be a person listed on the certificate or any of the following people:
- Spouse of the deceased
- Either parent of the deceased
- Adult child of the deceased
- Adult brother / sister of the deceased
- Legal representative of the estate of the deceased
To mail for a copy, you would need a written request mailed to us with the following information:
- Date of birth
- Mother's full name
- Father's full name
- Relationship to person on certificate
- Copy of the driver's license for the person-requesting certificate
- Fees in the form of a money order
If you have any questions, please contact Probate Court at (706) 695-3812 or email Rhonda England or email Cintya Torres.
A valid ID must be presented at the time of the request. Fees for obtaining a certificate are $25 for the first copy and $5 for each additional copy requested at the same time on the same person. Payments can be made in the form of cash or money order. We also accept Visa or Mastercard with a service fee associated with the payment.