Can I appeal my civil case if I lose?
Yes, to appeal your civil case you must file a notice of appeal with the clerk of Magistrate Court within 30 days of the entry of judgment by the court. Appeals from dispossessory cases have to be filed within seven days and follow a different format. You must send a copy of the appeal to the other party.

If your case is appealed, it will be transferred to the Superior Court of Murray County. When a case is transferred pursuant to an appeal, the case will be assigned a new case number and will be scheduled for a new trial. You will receive notice from the Superior Court as to when your new trial will be held.

Show All Answers

1. Can I use self help to evict the tenant from the rental property without the commencement of a dispossessory?
2. I am the defendant and have been served with a lawsuit, what do I need to do?
3. I am the judgment creditor and my judgment has been paid, what do I need to do?
4. What are the requirements for a landlord filing a dispossessory action?
5. Can I appeal my civil case if I lose?
6. The tenant has filed his or her answer, so when will the hearing be held?
7. Can I reduce my claim to $15,000 and file it in Magistrate Court?
8. How do I file my civil case?
9. What services are not handled by Magistrate Court?
10. Where should I file my case?