Financial Compensation

Victim Defrayal

If you are the victim of a violent (not property) crime, you may be eligible for victim compensation. You must file a completed application within 180 days after the date of the crime. There does not have to be an arrest in order to apply.

Compensation can help with your out-of-pocket expenses not covered by insurance, Medicaid, worker's compensation, or other similar financial program. Eligible expenses include:

  • Counseling fees
  • Funeral costs
  • Lost wages
  • Medical expenses

The Victim Assistance Program has compensation applications and can help you apply.

For Additional Information

The Victim Assistance Program in the Conasauga Judicial Circuit District Attorney's Office can inform you of your rights, assist you with any questions you may have, or refer you to the appropriate agency for help. They may be contacted at (706) 272-2273 (CARE) between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. All services are free.